Friday, October 21, 2016

All American Football and Bandannas, Made in the USA!

 
  
I was thrilled to find out that our next mission from Springs Creative would be to create Tailgating Themed Items! I had a million ideas, surprised? I guess not.....

We could go to The Bandanna Company catalog and choose which paisley bandannas suited our needs. My first thought for football colors was for our own Carolina Panthers – yep that is what I went with. I wanted 3 colors so I could blend the home and away uniform colors. I went with Black, Royal Blue, and White. Needless to say, I told them that I would need a bunch of each of these colors. I am guessing my box was the heaviest one.

I already had the perfect tailgate party pictured in my head. I am a little obsessed with tablescapes so of course this type of table setting was right up my alley, just outdoors and maybe not with place-card names written in calligraphy.

 

I used my own small 48” x 24” extra sewing (piled high with fabric that had to be moved) table for a model. For the base I knew a tablecloth would be first. I made a two-sided quilting pieced tablecloth. Next I made some placemats that hold plastic silverware and of course a bandanna napkin. These were lined with fusible fleece to make them sturdy and roll up nicely and tie with football ribbon. Using the small standard Mason jars, I switched the lids for drinking tops with straws. I made quilted Koozies for these and added a giant button (also because I love to finish things off with buttons). Using different colors so you can keep track of which drink belongs to you seemed like a winner.

 

The trademark bunting was next, using the bandannas was perfect for this, I added “GO TEAM” out of football fabric and fused it on the bunting flags. Continuing with the flag idea, I made several with bandannas and the really thick double sided Pellon fusible interfacing and placed them on wooden dowels.

Centerpiece was next – I found the best galvanized bucket at ACE Hardware, I need to go back and get another one to keep, not sure what for, but they are totally neat and I know I will need one (or more). I actually took a leftover piece of bandanna fabric and added some clip art and PENALTY FLAGS wording and made a tag for the bucket – I ran the whole thing (not the bucket) through my laminator. I attached this with ribbon. Yellow napkins in the bucket represent those darn penalty flags that are always flying!


I felt like I needed to add a little game too. I decided Corn Hole Bags would be a fun idea. I learned way more than I would ever want/need to know about them. Regulations for these are serious business, so mine are true to regulation! Perfect 6” square and 1 lb. Each. Honest. I made four blue and four black, and of course, a fully lined drawstring bag to keep them in.

 

Yikes! I almost forgot my most awesome Martha Stewart stadium seat cushions! Really, there was a Martha Pinterest Pin for making these DIY seat cushions! A full 17” square and filled with 1/2” upholstery foam. I added a carry handle for hanging or carrying easily. Makes sitting on a crappy bench or metal chair a little easier. Ha ha!

 

That pretty much wraps up my vision for a Bandanna Football Tailgating Party – here is hoping your team wins! OH, AND YOU CAN WIN TOO! All of these items, including the tablecloth, 4 placemats with napkins and silverware, 4 Mason jars with Koozies and straws, Bunting, flags, 4 seat cushions, the coveted galvanized bucket with napkins, and all 8 Corn Hole bags with their drawstring bag. Whew! Just leave a comment on this blog post and I will select a random winner on 11/21/16. Winner gets it all!  Good Luck and thanks for reading and commenting. Be sure to visit the Springs Creative Facebook page too – they supplied me with all of the bandannas used here. Thanks to HAV-A-HANK, The Bandanna Company for being an awesome Made in USA product!

***Giveaway is over/closed.  The winner is "From Stamford to Stafford"  entire package will be coming your way soon!***



 

13 comments:

  1. I am obsessed with tablescapes....wow, Linda, that resonates with me! You have created,a whole occasion! I don't know what I LOVE the most - seat cushions? Placemats? Regulation corn hole game? You had a field day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am obsessed with tablescapes....wow, Linda, that resonates with me! You have created,a whole occasion! I don't know what I LOVE the most - seat cushions? Placemats? Regulation corn hole game? You had a field day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am obsessed with tablescapes....wow, Linda, that resonates with me! You have created,a whole occasion! I don't know what I LOVE the most - seat cushions? Placemats? Regulation corn hole game? You had a field day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! I learned a few things besides enjoying your handiwork!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing! You'd be the belle of the ball....game with this set up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! You are so creative in finding new ways to showcase bandanas. It is a very attractive tailgating table.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your enthusiasm for your projects is overwhelming! YOu always make such fun projects. . .I would love the seat cushions, or the bunting, or any of it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I am very impressed with all that you've made out of bandanas! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Linda, I am in absolute Ahhhhh, as you know I think you are an amazing sexist. Every time I sit down at my machine I think of you and fun it was to re-learn with you as my teacher. hut,hut, hut!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg, sewist. So funny but sour embarrassing!!!!

      Delete